How To Make Money With Google Adsense
Google Adsense is an advertising firm owned by Google. Google’s Adsense network was launched in 2003, and it has grown to become one of the best advertising platforms on the internet. As of today, more than 10.8 million websites earn over $10 billion from the Google Adsense program. Why not get on board with me and find out how you can make money with Google Adsense program?
What is Google Adsense?
Adsense is adverts Google place on your website or blog. When visitors to your blog click on the advert, you earn 68% of what Google makes from the advertiser.
Ads placed on your site, YouTube channel, or blog are ads generated from businesses that patronize Google Adsense. The ads served on your websites are tailored to suit the needs of visitors to your blog.
How to make money with Google Adsense
I will be walking you through the steps on how to make money from Google Adsense.
1. Create a blog or website
It’s not just about creating a website; you have to create the right type of website to attract and retain a regular flow of traffic to your site to make money with Google Adsense.
When deciding on the type of website to create, you should consider creating sites that are mobile friendly and also have perfect layouts for easy navigation. Your site should also be a type of website that you can optimize easily and promote with excellent content.
Here is a list of the type of websites you can create and optimize for the Google Adsense program
- Forums/discussion boards
- News sites or blogs
- Free online tools
- Niche social network consisting of a group of people with similar interest e.g., MySpace, Facebook, etc.
To attract traffic, you need excellent content on your website or blog. You need to make regular posts of quality content to attract and retain new visitors to your site.
For ideas on areas to blog, check this list of 20 Top blog niche ideas that make money.
2. Sign up for Google Adsense account
Google Adsense is one of the best ways you can generate money from your blog. Hence, the need for you to sign up for an Adsense right from the first day you created your blog.
To sign up and make money with Google Adsense, follow the steps outlined below.
- Visit Google Adsense and click on ‘Get started’ to begin the signing up process.
- Enter your site’s URL and Gmail account in the signup form. Note, the site should belong to you, and you should enter your site’s URL in the following format: website.com.
- Choose to receive ‘customized help and suggestions from Google Adsense.
- Sign in with your Gmail account and select your country
- Carefully read through Google Adsense’s terms and conditions
- Click on ‘Save and Continue’
3. Link your website to your Adsense account
Before you can begin to make money with Google Adsense, you need to link your website with your Google Adsense account.
Follow the steps below to link your website with your Adsense account
- First, you’re required to Sign in to your Google Adsense account
- On your Adsense homepage is a code, copy the Adsense code
- Login to your website
- Paste the code in the HTML of your website, in-between the <head> and </head>
Follow the example below to paste your Adsense code.
- Click on ‘Done’ to complete the process
4. Enter your payment details
For you to make money with Google Adsense, you need to supply Google your payment details
To do so,
- You should head back to your Adsense account
- Go to the ‘Payment address details’ section and fill in your payment details
- Choose either the ‘Individual’ or ‘Business’ Adsense account. To choose the business Adsense account, you must use your company name as the ‘Business Adsense account’ name.
- Note: if you’re using the ‘Individual’ Adsense Account, you must provide your full name in this format: ‘Dwayne Johnson.’ Using initials and abbreviations is not acceptable by Google Adsense.
- In the postal address field, you should enter a valid postal address through which you can receive your “Personal Identification Number (PIN)” from Google Adsense, without which you will not be able to receive payment from Google
- In the ‘Phone number’ field, supply a valid phone number
- Click on ‘Submit’ to complete this step.
5. Verify your phone number
- Still, in your Adsense account, go to the ‘Verify phone number’ field
- Supply your phone number using the international format. Your phone number should start with ‘+’ followed by your country code.
- Select either the SMS format or ‘voice call’ to receive your verification code
- At the bottom of the page, click on the ‘Get Verification code.’
- Enter the 6-digit verification code on the next page, and click on ‘Submit.’
- If you have previously verified a phone number with Google while signing up for a Gmail account, you can to continue to ‘Submit’ using the verified phone number, which is displayed in the phone number field.
Tips to follow to make money with Google Adsense
These are well-researched ideas on how you can make money with Google Adsense
- Use more than one type of ad unit on your site: advertisers use several styles for advertising their products or services. Hence, google Adsense provides you with the options of ad types to display on your website.
- Text: advertisers use text either as an Ad unit for a single offer, or a Link unit for a string of multiple ads offer. You can choose to customize the box, font, and colour of your text.
- Images: advertisers use images as a form of ad style. Adsense displays images in several sizes as graphic ads on your blog. You can customize your ad feed to show a mix of both image and text-based ads on your blog.
- Rich media: Rich media is an ad style that includes HTML, flash, and video.
When choosing an ad style, you should consider User Experience and keep things simple by considering the number of adverts you want to display on your site. You should ensure that the ads you have on your website do not overwhelm the contents.
For best results, use Google analytics to get the right number and style of ads to display on your site.
- Use Adsense Custom Search engine on your site: Using Google Adsense custom search bar is an excellent way of enhancing User Experience on your blog, especially if you have lots of content. It is a unique way of maximizing your earnings because Google Adsense display ads along with your users’ search result.
- Create a YouTube channel and monetize it by turning on ‘monetization’ in your YouTube channel’s feature. Follow the monetization prompts and procedures to connect your YouTube channel to your Google Adsense account.
Go to your YouTube Video Manager and select the videos you want to monetize and the accompanying ad settings. Monetized video has a green dollar logo next to it.
The only drawback to making money with Google Adsense on your Youtube channel is that you need at least a thousand subscribers with not less than 4,000 hours to be eligible for Adsense on your YouTube channel.
Read this also: How To Start A Blog Business To Make Money
Withdrawing your money from Google Adsense
Now that you can make money with Google Adsense, the next thing to worry about is how to withdraw from your Google Adsense account.
Google pays you monthly between the 21st and the 26th day of the month by electronic funds transfer or cheque (depending on your payment choice), only when your money gets to the $100 threshold.
If you have not yet made up to $100 before the Google payment schedule, Google rolls over your money to the next payment cycle when you have made $100.
Note: Google will send your Adsense pin to your Mailing address once your income gets to the $10 mark. Follow the steps described in the paper-based Adsense pin to add the pin to your Adsense account.
Maximizing your Google Adsense’ earning
To make money with Google Adsense, you should stick to the following tips and rules.
- Read and adhere strictly to Google Adsense’s policy
- Don’t attempt to click on your ads, neither should you ask others to do so on your behalf
- Don’t use traffic booster tools to drive traffic to your website, neither should you buy Pay Per Click space.
- Use effective marketing strategies like ebook marketing, SEO, etc. to drive organic traffic to your site
- provide fantastic content on your website. The best way to make money with Google Adsense is to offer engaging contents on your website at regular intervals to keep your readers coming back again
- Use a WP Theme that favours multiple ad displays on your website.
- Use all three ad allotment per page. Google permits three ads per page, use it all to maximize your earning.
- You should place ads in the section of your website that is visible without scrolling, and within your content to maximize the chance of clicking on your ad.
- Run A/B split test on your website to determine ad types that work best for your site.
- You can tinker with the link and box colours of text-based ads to see if it improves your result
- Enable target placement to permit advertisers to determine where their ads should appear on your site.
- Use custom channels to keep track of your ads’ performance. Click here to see tutorials on how to create a custom channel for your ads.
- Place your ads near CTAs. CTAs are instructions asking visitors to your site to perform.
CTA types include Buttons directing visitors to other pages on your site, Forms to collect data from visitors to your site, and Social sharing tools linking your website to your social media handles.
- Ask visitors to your site to turn off their ad-blocker in a polite manner
- Paginate your contents by showing contents in bits and asking visitors to go to the next page for the rest of the contents
- Learn all there is to learn about SEO if you want to make money with Google Adsense
Pros of using Google Adsense as a source of income
- Joining Google Adsense is entirely free. Google does not require you to make any form of payment before you start to make money with Google Adsense
- You don’t need to wait for your website to age before you start earning from Google Adsense. All you need is for your site to be able to generate organic traffic.
- A lot of people are earning thousands of dollars each per month from Google Adsense
- You enjoy a regular monthly payment from Google Adsense once you meet up with the $100 mark
- With a single Adsense account, you can run ads on two or more websites.
- On your Adsense dashboard, you can choose the type of ads you want Google to display on your website. You can also customize the ads to suit your website’s outlook.
- You can run affiliate marketing along with Google Adsense program on your website. Doing so does not amount to violating Google Adsense policy
- Google Adsense code does not slow down the performance of your website.
Cons of making money with Google Adsense
- Your site needs a regular flow of traffic to make money with Google Adsense. For a new website, it might take you a while to be able to generate enough traffic to your site
- Google does not reveal the identity of your advertisers. This makes it hard to tailor your content to the ads displayed on your website.
- Google Adsense does not generate as much revenue as affiliate programs
To date, Google Adsense remains one of the best programs to make money online. However, to make money with Google Adsense, you have to stick to Google Adsense’s rules and policies.
You should also follow all of the tips, instructions, and strategies I have discussed with you to earn money with Google Adsense.
Finally, to avoid your account from getting banned by Google Adsense, you should avoid altering Google Adsense code manually. Also, do not use automated tools to drive traffic to your site; it can get you a permanent ban from Google Adsense.
Leave a Comment